I am Saemi.
I am a financial news anchor turned media & communications scholar who strongly believes in the power of education.
My research work includes comparative policy analysis of the EU and South Korean education, gendered racism in media news representation during the COVID-19 and data justice/ethics.
I am driven by the values that I believe in and I hope to continue my work to serve the world, especially to help those who are in need, marginalized, who can benefit empowerment.
#Media Justice #Education #Ethical Practices in Education #AI/Data Ethics #Political Economy of digital platforms
This is me
Bold, Passionate, Inspiring Scholar of
Media and Communicuations.
Words describing Saemi
Media and Communications Writing
Youtube Branding Soocial Media
Lectures and Talks Piano Outstanding
Sophisticated Elegant Brilliant
Inspiring Passionate Different
Thank you so much for your wonderful work.
Christine Lagarde, President of ECB
Financial News Anchor turned Media & Communications Scholar.
I'm a former financial news anchor turned Media & Communications scholar, content creator, writer, cultural ambassador to South Korea and unshakable believer in the power of love. I'm a passionate media and communciations scholar, student of life whose curiosity ranges from political economy of education, cultural studies, media/data ethics to classical music.
My passion and love for learning enables me to challenge the world, question why the world the way it is and look for ways to bring justice, equality and better world to live in for the next generations. With my extensive experiences in broadcasting and in the field of media & communications, I have recently jumped into the academic world to gain more theoretical knowledge in this interdisciplinary field.
As we are living in a thoroughly mediated world, I pour my passion and heart into understanding the fast changing the world through media and technologies and how they influence our thinking, the way we are living, and impact our culture.
I believe without 'real communication,' we can't be happy. That is how I came to what I do now, from being a world-travelling professional pianist, law scholar, financial news anchor to Media & Communications scholar, currently residing in London, UK, researching and studying.
MSc, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Covid-19 Media Representation Research Associate
- LSE 2020-2021 Post-grad Content Developer / Student Ambassador
B.A. & B.M. Full Scholarship Recipient
Oberlin College & Conservatory
- Double Degree Program: B.A. in German studies, B.M. in Piano performance
- Recieved Full Ride at Oberlin College and Conservatory, OH, U.S.A. (2006-2011)
- Conservatory Dean's Award
- 1960 Scholarship Award
Freie Universität zu Berlin
- selected as DAAD scholar
- did the Columbia Univeristy's Glaobl Engagement study aborad program "BCGS (Berlin Consortium German Studies" program)
- studied a year at Freie Universität zu Berlin and Humboldt Universität
Scholarships & Honors
Phi Beta Kappa & Pi Kappa Lambda
- Selected member of the Phi Beta Kappa
- The Phi Beta Kappa Society is the oldest academic honor society in the United States, and is often described as its most prestigious one, owing to its long history and academic selectivity.
- Selected member of the Pi Kappa Lambda
- The Pi Kappa Lambda Society is an American honor society for undergraduate students, graduate students, and professors of music.
DAAD Scholar in Germany
- selected as DAAD scholar of 2010-2011
- participated in Columbia Univeristy's Glaobl Engagement study aborad program "BCGS (Berlin Consortium German Studies" program)
- studied a year abroad at Freie Universität zu Berlin and Humboldt Universität
Oberlin Law Scholar
- selected as the top 12 law Scholars at Oberlin College & Conservatory
- received a full stipend to do summer law internship
- Legal intern at the Family Defense Center in Chicago, U.S.A. (summer internship)
- Legal intern at Lansner and Kubitschek, New York City, U.S.A. (winter term)
“THANK YOU FOR YOUR WONDERFUL WORK."
MADAME CHRISTINE LAGARDE
PRESIDENT OF EUROPEAN CENTRAL BANK
“YOUR VOICE HAS A SPECIAL POWER TO CHANGE PEOPLE.
YOUR WORDS BRING LIGHT AND HOPE."
A VIEWER of Saemiful Youtube Channel
Studies and Activities
Seoul National University Law School
- Seoul National Univeristy Law school 29th ALP program
President of Oberlin Korean Student Association (OKSA)
- President of the Oberlin Korean Student Association (OKSA)
- Organized Korean cultural programs and events
Participant of the Cultural Diplomacy Forum in Berlin
- International Cultural Diplomacy Forum, Berlin, 2011